Get Healthier by Adding These 12 Super Foods to Your Diet
The term super food has been floating around for quite some time. That's because these foods have been proven to have numerous health benefits such as reducing the risk for a heart attack or stroke. In addition, they help increase energy and focus as well as mental sharpness. You can easily get these nutritional benefits from all natural foods instead of options that contain numerous chemicals or drugs.
Try these 12 foods and learn what they can do for your body, not just help you maintain your ideal weight after LAP-BAND® in Toronto!
1. Sweet Potatoes – This food is packed with so many benefits including fiber, potassium as well as vitamin C. They are great baked, mashed or even used in soups. The ways to use them are vast but the nutritional benefits remain.
2. Blueberries – This super fruit is packed with antioxidants, fiber and vitamin C. They are a great option for a snack and are great in baked goods as well as smoothies.
3. Bananas – Bananas make the super food list because they are high in potassium as well as a great source for vitamin B6.
4. Broccoli - This super food makes the grade because it's a great source of vitamin C and folic acid. For those that don't care for the plain taste of broccoli, try jazzing up the flavor with spices, cheese or eat raw with dip.
5. Spinach – Spinach is one of those foods that is packed with so much goodness. It is a leafy green wonder food that contains potassium, magnesium, folate, iron and more. It is a great addition to salads as well.
6. Apples – The old saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away" has some validity to it. That because this super food is a great source of fiber and is low on the glycemic index. Apples make a person feel full and are a great addition to any weight loss plan.
7. Beans – This is a food that is a good source of fiber, protein and calcium. Beans have been shown to lower the chances of some bowel types of cancer because of the way the body digests them.
8. Yogurt – If you're looking for a way to get your dairy in a great way then yogurt is an option. It is a great source for calcium and has been shown to increase overall bowel health. It is a great food for the body's digestive system.
9. Salmon – Salmon is known as a healthy; lean fish. It is a great substitute for meat in a diet. High in Omega 3's, Salmon can help reduce heart attacks as well as help with mental disorders like depression.
10. Olive Oil – Olive oil is a good oil when used in moderation. It has been shown to help lower cholesterol and is high in antioxidants. It is a great addition to a salad when added with balsamic vinaigrette and can replace those unhealthier dressings.
11. Dark Chocolate – Full of antioxidants, dark chocolate can help in lowering your blood pressure. It's a great option for chocolate lovers due to these health benefits.
12. Citrus Fruit – Citrus fruit is a great super fruit not only because of the taste but because of the vitamin C, folic acid and fiber. They are however still high in natural sugars so you still want to eat them in moderation.
There are numerous foods which are able to be dubbed as a super food. This list will give you a jump start in adding super foods to your diet after your LAP-BAND® surgery. Why not choose foods that not only taste good but are so good for you as well!
Maintaining Your Ideal Weight
Food and Eating
Healthy Mind, Health Body