“Surgical weight control that works.”
fixed left sidebar opener

Wellness Begins with a Healthy Attitude and a Healthy Diet

unhealthy food

 

A healthy mind and a healthy body are key components to maintaining a healthy body. By combining a positive mental attitude with a great diet you can achieve optimum health!

 

There are often several areas of your life that appear to be lacking and need changing. These can include your diet, your attitude, and even your exercise plan or lack thereof. If you are someone who has been struggling to lose weight you have to remember that the body needs to be healthy on the inside before you can see the results on the outside.

A Healthy Weight and Healthy Body - Where Do You Begin?

Before you begin making any changes you need to make sure that mentally and physically your ready. It is wise to know if you have:

  • A weight problem
  • High cholesterol
  • High blood pressure
  • High or low blood sugar
  • Any risks for heart attack or stroke
  • Sleep issues
  • Depression
  • Age related illnesses

By checking with your physician before you begin any changes you will know where you stand health wise and can consult your physician with any questions you may have.

Time to Make a Change

weight loss success

 

Once your doctor has given you the green light you can begin to make the changes you need to be the healthiest you can be. Begin by setting goals for yourself. Start small so you are setting yourself up for success and not failure.

 

So, for example, if you are looking to lose weight but are unsure where to begin try looking at the behaviours you have that have contributed to your weight gain. Perhaps you need to cut out drinking sodas. Instead of stopping cold turkey and failing, why not try cutting back to 3 to 4 times a week instead of 7 days a week? Try to eat more baked foods then fried foods. Start slow! You won’t omit everything at once but you'll just be slowly making better choices more often.

 

Try getting more sleep. Begin by changing when you go to bed. Try going to bed at a set time and getting up at a set time every day. Sure it will be hard in the beginning but it can be done and you’ll feel better at the end of the day. Also make sure that you are not watching television while lying in bed. Television actually hinders the sleep process. Try doing something before bed to help your body wind down and relax.

Remember – You Can Do It

Change is possible if you begin it with a positive outlook and a healthy attitude. Don’t make yourself out to be the victim and don’t dwell on the negatives. Doing so will just talk you out of doing anything to get healthy. Remember why you want to be healthy. Is it so you can play with your kids more? It’s it to look better? Focus on the "why" and created appositive attitude that will keep you motivated on a daily basis.

 

You have control of your life and you alone are responsible for 95% of what occurs in your life. The remaining 5% will fall into place if you have a positive outlook.

 

Get well and healthy with small changes and a healthy attitude. You can succeed when it comes to your health and the goals that you set for yourself. Take baby steps and you’ll be well on your way.

Maintaining Your Ideal Weight

Exercise

5 Easy Exercises to Rev Up Your Day No Matter Where You Are

 

Food and Eating

Get Healthier by Adding These 12 Super Foods to Your Diet

7 Foods You Should Consider Avoiding When Trying to Lose Weight

Lose Weight and Feel Better by Choosing Healthy Snacks

 

Healthy Mind, Health Body

The Road to a Healthy Mindset

Enhancing Your Willpower to Lose Weight

Wellness Begins with a Healthy Attitude and a Healthy Diet

Strategies to Help You Live a Healthier and Better Life

fixed bottom sidebar opener

Memberships and Qualifications held by our Plastic Surgeons

Our surgeons are Fellows of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons and are affiliated with a number of professional organizations, including the American Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), Canadian Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (CSAPS), Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons (CSPS) and the International Confederation of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery (ICPRAS). All are members in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.

google search